How to search for your camp(s)
In your application, please choose at least two camps, as the camper spaces fill up quickly. If your first choice is unavailable, your second choice will be contacted immediately. To help you decide which type of camp (day, overnight, family).
To help you decide which type of camp (day, overnight, family) you would like to send your child(ren) to, please read the following information:
A Day Camp Program:
Select a day camp program if:
- you would like to connect with your child(ren) each morning and evening.
- a child has sleeping issues.
- you administer required medications throughout the day.
- you’d like a similar structure or routine to a school day or daycare.
- you’d like be closer to urban centres.
An Overnight Camp Program
Select an overnight camp program to:
- offer children an opportunity to apply more life skills independently.
- expose children to new environments, communities and ways of interacting.
- expose children to a vast array of programming and waterfront experiences.
- offer children an away-from-home experience.
- get a longer re-charge period – professionally referred to as ‘parental respite’.
A Family Camp Program
Choose a family camp program when:
If the camp you have chosen does not offer transportation, please contact the OCA Office.
- you want the whole family to have fun together!
- you would like age-appropriate programming for various age groups. Family camps offer programming for different age groups, while you have your own programs or personal time.
- you would like the opportunity to connect with other parents or caregivers with whom you can exchange ideas and share experiences.
Current Participating Camps